Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New to the blogging, but thought we'd give it a try!

Marcus and I are new to this whole "blogging" idea, but we thought it would be a good idea to keep up with family and friends. Since we moved to Omaha, it has been more difficult to keep up with everyone as we all have busy lives. So here goes... we have been very busy with our jobs and new life down here in Nebraska. We have had lots of company, which has been great! My sister-in-law Katie came down over Labor Day. Marcus had to work, but we had a great time. I think she really liked the city... enough to apply for schools down here! (We will see how far that goes ;) Marcus' mom and boyfriend came down end of September and stayed for the weekend. We grilled and had a bonfire. Downtown Omaha was great too! My mom, sister, and brother came down in early October and I showed them the city. 
We have made a few trips home as well... and by home, I mean both Moorhead and Hallock. It's crazy how different the weather is in a span of 8 hours. We got snow two days ago, and after the sunshine today, it is gone. I am so used to having inches of snow by December, so this will take some getting used to. 
We hosted our very first Thanksgiving, which was great! We didn't burn any of the food, or poison anyone, so all in all, I think it was a success :) 
Jeff and Deb visiting the Rhinos at the Omaha zoo.

Teal, Caitlin, Mom, and I watching the giraffes at the zoo.

Family picture

My first time hosting Thanksgiving :)
So there is our first blog post.. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment