Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blessings

"For today and its blessings, I owe the world an attitude of gratitude."

I think this quote is the perfect exemplar of my day today. Today is a Wednesday, so the students go out on tours of different businesses and meet with employers to talk about job openings. They also get a chance to see what it would be like to work at that business. Today, our tour was at Lowes in Papillion. My day started off on the right foot by seeing my husband at his job :) My students couldn't believe that "he" was my husband and that he worked at Lowes. They found it really neat that they were able to meet him.
The rest of our day consisted of eating lunch and then going bowling. Now, bowling is a HUGE deal for the students as they are so excited to show off their "mad skills" :) Everyone got along so well today and it was just one of those "perfect days!" I couldn't have had a better day today - I guess the beautiful weather really helped too! (Too bad it's supposed to snow tomorrow-Saturday)


Anyway, I don't have much else to say besides I am grateful for today and couldn't be in a better mood :) I hope everyone had a day like mine... and if not, I hope one comes soon - because they truly are great!

3 comments:

  1. So glad for your awesome day!!! You deserve it, we all do I guess,and the ball is always in your court. Remember when you wake up in the morning, to count your blessings, and you will always have a wonderful day!! I always try to keep in perspective how to handle the situations that are a challenge for me through out the day, with trying to find a positive in each. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing person, and a remarkable teacher, Danielle, you have touched so many people in your lifetime....we are so proud of you with all that you have accomplished...chin up and have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote! I needed that! And it. Is so good to have a positive outlook on life and situations that arise! As Dad would say, "It's not what happens, it's how you react to what happens that is important." I am glad you had an awesome day and I am sure your students loved meeting Marcus! Afterall, you are a big part of their lives! I love you and I am blessed that you are my sister!!!

    ReplyDelete