Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to Work

I go back to work TOMORROW! I can't even believe I am saying those words out loud! I am very excited to get back into a daily routine, as well as see my students! This summer has gone by extremely fast and it is crazy to me that it is already August. I expect month #8 to go just as fast as the last two and I am realizing that I need to cherish every day I have.
By this, I mean cherish the final and last days of my first pregnancy. I think I have gone through these past 9 months with the thoughts of a baby, but never actually took everything in. I found myself just sitting in the glider in the nursery today with my hands on my stomach, feeling my baby move. There was definitely a calm that came over me in that moment. It's a difficult one to explain in words, but the feeling was something I have never felt before. I am so content with where I am at in my life right now and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little boy/girl. I have been blessed with an uncomplicated pregnancy, and for that I am very grateful. Sure, there has been the weight gain, constant heartburn, breaking out, lack of sleep, pain in places I didn't know existed, and the feeling that my organs are in my throat; but I look back on the past 9 months and find myself smiling. Marcus has been a blessing to me throughout my pregnancy and I have no doubt that he will do great through labor and delivery. I am making a point to myself to try and cherish these last couple weeks (hopefully less) before our little one arrives. I want to take in the moments that Marcus and I have - just us - before our family of 3 (counting Kona) becomes 4. Our lives are going to change forever in a couple weeks and I can't wait for the challenge :)

Almost 38 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your last day of vacay-and your first few days back at work are amazing-and that you get to spend some good quality time with your students before you have baby!! I can't believe it's almost here and you'll finally get to meet your baby (girl) :D You and Marcus will be great-and I know Matt and myself are excited to come visit you once you've had her-even tho Matt might beat me to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you already have a different aspect of the blessed miracle that is going to come to you in a short while! You have been nervous and scared and stuff but now I can tell you are more ready than ever to have this little one! You have that motherly instinct already! I am so happy for you and Marcus as a couple together and I can't wait to see you both become the wonderful parents you will be when my little niece or nephew arrives! I am so looking forward to the phone call when you tell mom you are going into labor and this is it! And the cool thing is is that it could be any time! :) I miss you and am ready to come down and see you Marcus kona and your wonderful baby!! I love you so much!

    P.S. If you could relay this message to Baby A: Baby, your Auntie Caitlin would really appreciate if you decided you wanted to make your debut into this world a couple weeks early because she would LOVE to meet you before she starts school! :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete