Monday, March 11, 2013

Easter Inspiration

One of my favorite holidays is coming up rather quickly: Easter. Since we have been down here in Omaha, we have started our own family memories. They included grilling some wonderful steaks on the back patio, and spending time with my family at a baseball game last year. I am trying to talk my family in to coming down here again for Easter this year - and am using Easton as a motivator. This year, he will be able to search for eggs around the house that the Easter Bunny left and I have no doubt that the EB will be here on Easter Eve to leave eggs around the house ;) I don't think Easton will be getting as many items as he did last year, but it's the quality, not quantity, that counts and seeing him find eggs around the house will be icing on the cake for this mommy!
Marcus has every intention to make a ham and the whole works. I'm thinking of sticking with our tradition and grilling outside (hopefully this snow will melt and it will be a sunny day) and just doing our own thing that day. If family comes down to celebrate with us, that will be even better!
One staple in our family is making "nests". I actually made them last night to test them out, because I can never make them as good as my mother does. Easton and I will be making these again in a few weeks for the actual occasion.
If you know me well enough, I like then and now pictures... so here is Easton one year ago at Easter (able to sit up by himself) and a current picture of Easton.


2 comments:

  1. Crazy how time flies and how much he's grown!! Such a little stud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda just wanna snuggle with him!!! time flies!!! Im realizing it is fun to start your own family traditions. :D Well have to start some with Peyton.

    ReplyDelete