Saturday, December 11, 2010

6 MONTHS

A HAPPY 6 MONTHS of marriage is in order to Marcus :) At this time 6 months ago, we were taking pictures and preparing for the happiest day of our lives! Hard to believe so much has happened in such a short amount of time. I'd like to think Marcus and I are doing pretty well on our own and can honestly say, we are enjoying the married life. 
Here are a few of my memories of that beautiful June day:
*Realizing that this was the day we were finally getting married.. and breaking down in the hotel room and stating, "I'm not going to be a PLAINE anymore." My girls replied with "OHH PLAINE" while my mother replied with.. "you will always be a Plaine" :)
*My mom, bridesmaids, Gwen, and personal attendants sitting in the parking lot of Holiday Inn while I yell at the assistant manager of Men's Warehouse for messing up John's tux. (I think my last words were something like, " if you think I'm angry now, you will have NO idea...his tux BETTER be at the church by 11am!") can I blame that on wedding day stress? haha.. Marcus was pretty proud of me as usually I am "way too nice"
*Being force fed ham buns by... well, everyone. I think it was eventually Rudd I listened to... she has always been a great motherly figure :)
*Getting dressed, taking some pictures, and then preparing to see Marcus for the first time that day. I recall waiting outside the sanctuary as the gentlemen were not ready yet (go figure) and for one of the first times in my life, I was waiting on Marcus ;)
*Seeing Marcus for the first time... and seeing his expression of what I looked like. He was so happy I did not have sleeves, OR a turtleneck.. as that is that I told him
*Going to Concordia campus to take outdoor pictures... having the guys hoist me up on the base of a pillar. My dress got dirty, and I knew my mom was going to be worried. I didn't care, as long as we got pictures :) (my mom did manage to get the stain out, btw)
*Sitting around and relaxing with family and our closest friends before the ceremony started. 
*Seeing Marcus' inscription on my wedding ring. "Forever In Love 6-11-10"
*Seeing Marcus' expression of my inscription on his ring. "I Love You Marky 6-11-10"
*Having my father walk me down the aisle... but not before telling me jokes the make me laugh/smile the whole way down :)
*Pastor Emmy's sermon
*My sister and grandmother's AMAZING singing
*Becoming an ANDERSON <3
*Tanya and Julia struggling to bustle my train... they problem-solved!
*Being on our bus for about 5 blocks and then having our bus break down.
*Trying to hitchhike our way to our wedding reception as there was no hope for our bus :)
*Roger... directing traffic... enough said
*My sister's hour long maid of honor speech, as well as Matt Lee's and my brother-in-law Matt's speech. Thank you!
*The wedding slideshow Marcus made
*The dance... absolutely everything about it was memorable.


Thank you for making our special day full of memories! If anyone else has any other memories they'd like to share... please feel free to comment :)











Again, HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY to my wonderful husband. Many more months to come!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this blog! It made me feel like I was there living it all over again! That day and night were extremely fun and enjoyable! I am so happy that you and Marcus found each other and are so happy together! I love that you are loving Omaha and your job, but I do wish you were closer..but, that is why it is nice you are doing this blog! :) Your day was so special, and I am so glad you have so many memories from it that you will never forget! There are so many memories and I better not go into them because I will get made fun off that it was too detailed just like my speech :) but one that I loved is when Marcus took off your garter to the song "You can leave your hat on" and he was wearing Dad's wise guy hat! :) Another one was when a couple of us bridesmaids wrote on your mirror in your hotel bedroom! Katie showed up to breakfast wearing her bridesmaid dress! When Matt Lee was about to pull Marcus away from you at the ceremony during "You may kiss the bride." He must have thought it was a long enough kiss..haha! That day and night was so memorable and I wish we could do it all over again! I love you both so much and I am so happy for the two of you! Miss you and excited to see you over the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete