We were up in Hallock this weekend visiting family and it made us realize how blessed we are to have such great family who are there for us, no matter what. We were discussing what their plans are for when the baby is born, and I realized that the instant they get the phone call that I'm in labor, they will be on their way down to Omaha! Something more to look forward to :)
Anywho, back to the changes going on in our life ( it would appear that I get sidetracked easily;)
Change #1: My hormones/emotions. ENOUGH SAID. I cry at the littlest thing and then Marcus will look at me and I start laughing. I can't control it and can't seem to turn off the waterworks. Every little thing bothers me or I am extremely irritated by the tiniest occurrence. I apologize in advance to anyone who encounters my raging hormones.. (this is mostly for my wonderful husband, who tolerates me every second of every day).
Change #2: My body. Once again, enough said. My pants are beginning to get tight and that fact really seems to bother me. I've been told that it's a good thing I'm gaining weight and starting to show, but at the same time... it's one of the "facts" I don't feel like grasping yet. Maybe it's because my "baby bump" doesn't look like a baby bump to me.. yet. It appears that way to everyone else, so maybe I should just shut my mouth and say "Thank you!" My sister asked me allllll weekend long to take a picture of my stomach so she could document my bump for me. I insisted she was being silly and refused - until today, right before we left. I'm sure I will be happy I finally gave in after the baby is born.
Change #3: The WEATHER!! It was 60 today in Omaha. We are bummed we were in the car the majority of the day and missed out on a nice day outside. Oh well, this week is supposed to be gorgeous as well! Marcus and I are thankful that I am feeling better and am starting to get my energy back... like I've said, just in time!! Kona will love me even more because I will start taking her on walks again after school!
Change #4: Marcus and I are discussing and debating the infamous "baby room colors!" It is between brown and gray right now.. Any suggestions would be appreciated :) REMEMBER:::: we are not going to find out the sex of our baby, so we are just going to do everything gender neutral - which I have to say isn't going to be THAT hard. We have had an assortment of replies when asked if we're going to find out, and we reply with a "No!" I completely understand both sides of the point at hand, but Marcus and I are choosing to do it our way, at least this one time :) Nothing personal!
That is all of the changes we can think of right now.. so maybe there aren't that many... but all in all, our lives are going to change drastically in August. I'm not sure it's quite hit me yet that we are going to have a baby, but hopefully that will change in 2 weeks at our 16 wk. appointment. I have heard the heartbeat once (and I might add that it was AMAZING), but hopefully Marcus can hear it for the first time. I think his reaction will be enough to keep me happy for a week :)
Hopefully this week is warm for everyone!
Happy Valentines Day!
yes August will bring tons of changes for you guys... more then I think can be thought of right now-but it will all be amazing! Changes are a good thing-as long as you are willing to deal with them-and the changes you guys are going thru is awesome. :D Are you starting to show yet?
ReplyDeleteAs for not finding out the sex of the baby-of course I am bummed-but it's totally understandable-as for colors-are you going to do just one color? Or like one of those colors w/another neutral color-like a yellow or something?
Glad to hear it was in the 60s in Omaha-it was that warm here too-its AWESOME! :D Let's Skype this week :) miss you guys!!
Yep.. I'm showing! Just started happening over the weekend. Not too much, but there is a bump there.
ReplyDeleteAs for colors, I am thinking gray and yellow and white... or brown and green? I'm not sure yet.
I love your baby bump! It is so exciting and you are and will continue to be such a cute pregnant momma! Your baby bump is definitely a baby bump and you will love me for taking pictures of your baby bump progress as the weeks go on! You will love looking at them after the baby is born! As for colors, I think either will be great! I like the idea of light grey with yellow and white! I like brown and green as well and I think that brown would go nice with the hardwood floor! Grey yellow and white would be brighter that brown and green probably! I love both choices! I don't think you can go wrong with either one you choose! :) I love that you are feeling better just in time for the awesome weather! And I love that you aren't finding out..it makes it more of a surprise and will make having the baby that much easier because you will be anticipating what it will be! I hope you two had a wonderful valentines day! I loved seeing you both this weekend! Miss you already! I love you!!
ReplyDeleteGray, yellow and white - how cute!! Brown and green are good colors as well .. great choices!
ReplyDeleteI like the gray yellow and white also-I think its very neutral colors-I think if you got some green in there that's an iffy color cause depending on the shade it could be boyish- :D
ReplyDeleteMy last post reveals my decision :)
ReplyDelete