Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nursery troubles

I am facing issues with what to do with our office, which will eventually become the nursery. We are not finding out, as I've stated, so I wanted to do a yellow, gray, and white concept. My issue is our trim in the office, as well as the rest of the house. We have wood floors and wood trim. These colors do not match, and that drives me crazy! I cannot decide what to do. Do we paint the wood trim white, so it matches better with our hopeful color scheme? Or do we change the color scheme to match the wood trim/flooring. Or do we keep it the way it is and paint how we want it.. UGH!
I need help to decide what to do, or what would look good. I guess I never realized that I could be so indecisive when it comes to getting a nursery ready.
I took a few pictures of the office so you can see the difference in colors of the wood and give me your input. Hopefully that helps :)



6 comments:

  1. Hey Sis,
    Mom and I are thinking that you should paint the trim board just in that room if your landlord approves. You would not need to paint the trim or door trim because the floor boards are different shades and match the window, especially since the window is not right up against the wood floor. This way, you could still do the grey, yellow, and white that you have wanted, but taupe would be a nice color for the walls as well, just to make sure it doesn't get to be too dark. I don't think it would look bad to have just white trim on the walls in that room and not in the other rooms throughout the house. We think you should just paint the trim around the walls in that room white! :) We miss and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree you will want to see if your landlord is ok with painting the trim-cause walls are one thing trim is another-ALSO because it is a rental-I know you still want the room to look good-but again because it is a rental I think if you can't paint the trim I wouldn't worry to much about it-The room is still going to look adorable-and when people are in there the last thing they are going to comment on is the trim and say it all doesn't match-they are going to be looking at the bedding and colors and of course the baby :D I like the grey yellow white scheme :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. also where are you going to put all the stuff that is in the office? in the guest room?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long do you think you will be staying in this house!? I personally hate painting so I wouldn't put all the work of painting trim in, but that's just me! When I was pregnant, the smell of paint made me feel like ralphing so painting wasn't even an option anyway! I love the gray, yellow, and white idea though! Shades of gray have sort of become my new favorite for wall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are just renting now, but we will probably rent again next year. I could see us buying this house as well! We really like it :) I think Marcus just decided to stain the trim the color of our floor, so it won't be that hard, and then we are going to paint the walls a pale yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the stain will look good and blend in more! And I like the choice of pale yellow for the walls because it will make it brighter! If you did grey it might look kind of dark!

    ReplyDelete