Thursday, February 17, 2011

Realize

My pregnancy is quickly becoming a realization, to both Marcus and myself. Over the last couple of days, my stomach has protruded to that infamous "baby bump" everyone has been telling me about. They say it just all of a sudden "pops out" and that is definitely the truth! Last night, I wasn't feeling well and was laying on the couch when Marcus walked in. He just stood there with a look of shock on his face. He realized as well that my belly is growing. There is no hiding it that I am pregnant. I feel that I should really just EMBRACE it :) I can honestly say at this point, I am happy to be gaining weight, even if it is only a few lbs. Here are a few pictures of my protruding belly :) - Enjoy!

14 weeks

Monday marked Valentines Day. Marcus took me out to Village Point to shop at Old Navy. Can anyone guess what I bought?! Yep, maternity pants. I wanted to try and shy away from them as long as possible, but I decided to choose comfort instead. I'm not big on clothing cutting off my circulation :) They actually aren't all that bad, and are surprisingly comfortable too! I highly recommend them ;) We then went to Panchero's to have a burrito and went home. I am not the biggest fan of Valentines Day, so that night was perfect for me. Marcus is such a great sport and has been very supportive of my hormones and emotions. He even remembered that all I wanted was The Sound of Music on blue ray. (I know what I'm doing this weekend) I think I got lucky with him ;)
We have been playing around with the idea of painting the office, which will in turn be the baby's room. I have my heart set on a gray color for the walls. I really love the white, gray, and yellow concept for a baby room. Marcus wants to go to Babies R Us and check out crib bedding sets to see what our options are and go from there. Maybe tonight?! I will admit, it is a little more difficult to decide what colors to do with not finding out the sex of the baby, but that is completely fine by me! My sister told me that she thinks I will get that baby out faster and it will be easier to push because I will want to know what it is! I sure hope she's right.
This morning I was getting ready and listening to my iPod.  The song "Realize" by Colbie Caillat came on and it really got me thinking about embracing life and letting time pass you by. We all know that time goes by too fast, so we should try and take it one day at a time and go from there. Life is always going to throw us little surprises, and they won't always be easy, but embrace them and know it's for a reason :)

Take time to realize, oh oh I'm on your side
Didn't I tell you
Take time to realize, this all can pass you by
Didn't I tell you

But I can't spell it out for you
No, it's never gonna be that simple
No I can't spell it out for you

I think these few simple words go a long way, and the song is pretty good too!

11 comments:

  1. YEAH I like that color combo-I think it is very neutral-and I am sure you can find something that is neutral-even trying on line is a good idea! AWW you are starting to show :D exciting.. ok so I have to work today for some of the day-but I am off ALL day tomorrow for sure-so Skype?!,miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked online a little bit and found some, so we will see. I think I'm going to Babies R Us tonight to check it out.
    Tomorrow sounds good. I'll be around after 4:30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decision!! Let me know if you guys want me to buy anything ... I spoiled Olen, I think it's only fair I spoil Baby A ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KT - I am not going to tell you what to buy for baby A... that is your ballgame :) Love youuuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. k sounds good-I agree I also love the new font :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I have a question-are you going to tell people names that you are thinking of for the baby?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love it all!!!!! We Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I don't think so.. family and a small number of others know the names we like, but we have added some recently too!

    Love you too mom and dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I LOVE your baby bump!
    2. I love that you got the sound of music on blue ray!! :)
    3. I love the grey, yellow, and white combination for the baby's room!
    4. I have been looking at baby furniture online and on craigslist!
    5. I am glad that you are accepting the fact that you are gaining weight...you have a baby inside you!! :) (can we take the baby out and hold it as the daycare kids would say) Haha!
    6. I am glad you found some maternity pants that you don't think are too bad! ;)
    7. I love the song Realize! And its so true that we have to take one day at a time and cherish the moments!
    8. I love that your pregnant and cannot wait for the little one to make his/her appearance in the world!
    9. I miss you!
    10. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baby belly is SUPER cute!!! It's only going to keep getting cuter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete