Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sound of Music

I stated earlier that I have been wanting "Sound of Music" for a while now. We have it on VHS at my parents' house, but as technology is changing, the movie has now been made on DVD! For Valentine's Day, Marcus got me the blue ray and I couldn't have been more excited! Marcus is currently at work, so I am enjoying a quiet, pleasant evening watching my FAVORITE movie of all time, while Kona is curled up next to me :)
If anyone has not seen this movie, you MUST go and rent/buy it. It is a musical combined with comedy and romance. It is amazing to me how much I remember. Every new song that comes on I find myself singing along. Now, if you were a fly on the wall, you would laugh at me, but I quite enjoy it :) This movie is simply hilarious at times and very moving at others.
I remember when I was younger, my grandma would get a group of children from Kennedy, MN together to practice the songs from Sound of Music. Each of us was a certain child from the movie and we would perform a song/dance at the county fair. Everyone loved us ;) I was little Gretl and kept everyone in line.
Alright, I need to get back to my movie :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that movie!! I need to get that movie on blue ray or DVD as well! I wish I was there watching it with you! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete