As you can see from the picture on the right of the page, Marcus and I are expecting our first baby :) Now, this is the first time Marcus and I are letting the "cat out of the bag" so to speak. We have told our families and closest friends and everyone has been great to keep this a secret for a few weeks. I am 12 weeks tomorrow, so we thought it would be okay to let people know the great news!
This pregnancy came as a COMPLETE surprise to us, but a good one at that! I had shingles when we conceived and I'm obviously not a doctor, but I had the mentality that my body was already going through changes I had never experienced before so I couldn't get pregnant. Boy, was I WRONG! I had a ton of blood work done the beginning of December for my shingles and my doctor tested me for pregnancy. Those results came back.. negative. A week later, on a Sunday, I went to Target and bought some feminine products AND a pregnancy test. Yes, you read that right... the lady that rang me up looked at me like I was nuts! Well, the pregnancy test came back... positive - as well as the next 2 tests I took. Clearly I was pregnant :)
We went home and told our families over Christmas and everyone was excited :)
I am due August 20th as of right now and we are so excited to know we are going to be parents!
For a Christmas gift, we got little onsies and gave them to my brother and sister. They said, "My Aunt Rocks!" and "My Uncle Rocks!" They didn't get the concept right away, but when they did, they were pretty excited. Of course, my sister cried :)
My mom gave us scrabble pieces she found with magnets on the back... she had to add in the baby's as well :)
Dani and Marcus~
ReplyDeleteMatt and I couldn't be more happier for you two!!! Can't wait already for Baby Anderson to be here... Miss you guys terribly.. PS-I think Baby will be born on the 18th ;) Great bday gift!!!
I am soooo excited I can finally tell people! I am so happy for you two! You will be great parents! I cannot wait to be an auntie! :)
ReplyDeleteP.s. I love the scrabble pieces!! And of course I cried! Haha! I was and still am ecstatic! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been waiting for this post!! Congratulations to you guys again! We are so so so happy for you guys! =)
ReplyDelete