Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thoughts

I am terrified of becoming a mother.

Marcus and I just had a discussion tonight about how we never really had a "plan" for our lives after our marriage. We knew we wanted to get married, and we would hopefully find jobs in our "field of study", but we never had a plan for what path we would take to reach those goals. I am proud of where him and I are today, don't get me wrong... I'm just terrified. I don't know if I am ready to be a mother. I understand it's a little too late to make this comment now... being as I'm one week away from my 3rd trimester, but the thought of being so responsible for a human being is very scary. I'm sure every new mother/father feels this way, and I will be at ease the minute I meet my little one, but I can't help but have worries and doubts about the path we have taken. I should understand that I am so fortunate to have gotten pregnant, and that because it did happen, it must have happened for a reason :) Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying... I know how blessed I am to be given the gift of becoming a mother - there are just fears and worries I can't help but ponder. Sometimes I think it may have been easier for Marcus and I to wait until we were settled or had our own home here - or to have made sure this is where we are going to settle down and raise a family. Instead, we are still renting a house and making sure this is where we want to settle down.. I guess it's the fear of the unknown that is bothersome.
Maybe I just need to have faith that everything will work out the way it's supposed to?!

3 comments:

  1. Danielle and Marcus-
    I feel that you two are going to make great parents! I think that since it is getting a lot closer you have really started to think about what it means to be a mommy and daddy and that it scares you. I think it is the realization that is scaring you but once your baby comes, I think it will just come so natural to the both of you! You are both amazing with kids and I can't wait to see how you are going to grow even more as a family when that little one comes! I love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way hunny, but once you have that little bundle in your arms, you will just know what to do!! You already have a knack with kids in the first place! I love you and you and marcus will be AWESOME Parents!! Love your Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are going to be great parents. and yes I am sure everyone has their 'doubts' but the big man upstairs knows what he's doing-and all your worries will disappear when you meet her/him. Miss you tons-and if you ever wanna chat-you got my #-I wish I was just a mile down the road these days-but then I wouldn't be as sad as I am these days-ha! :)

    ReplyDelete