Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Babies GALORE!

Holy COW!! I know it's only 2 babies within 2 days, but it just is crazy to me! Two girls that graduated from HS a year after me have had their little ones only a day apart. I personally think that's pretty neat! One had a little girl, and the other had a little boy. Yay for babies :)
I just find it crazy that there are so many babies being born right around this time. Come August, I know of 5 babies due, including my own - which seems like a lot! I am becoming more and more anxious as the weeks go by. Yesterday, I had an appointment and my doctor told me some signs to look for and reasons to come to the hospital. She said that as of next week (37 weeks), the baby is considered full term and if I were to go into labor, that would be fine! I can honestly say that I think I am ready to have this baby. I know I have a few weeks left, but as for the packing and getting everything situated, I think Marcus and I are pretty much ready - and are very anxious! I completely understand that this baby will come when he/she wants to, it's just nice to know we are as prepared as we are going to get :) I read the "Labor/Delivery" chapter in the "What to Expect when you're Expecting" book 3 times this past weekend. Now, I understand that things will not go as I plan them, but at least I have a little better understanding of what may happen - and at this point, that makes me comfortable to a point. I still have doubts and many fears about being a mother. There are so many things a newborn needs to thrive and grow, and I am just scared that I won't do something correctly, or that I will forget something. I have thought a lot about my fears and decided to look at it from a different perspective: God had a plan in motion when Marcus and I got pregnant. I have to believe that he trusts me and that in turn, I need to trust myself.


"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post!!! I have been looking every day since your last post..sometimes more than once in a day..to see when you would post next! I am getting more and more anxious!! :) I cannot imagine what you and Marcus are feeling if I am this excited to be an auntie! I know that little one is going to be extremely spoiled that is for sure!! :) i love that you are starting to look at it from a different perspective! God has a plan for everyone and it is your and marcus's turn to create more life! Hah! God does trust in both you and Marcus and that you guys will be great parents!! I miss you guys! I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to meet your little one. Its going to b an amazing day when he/she finally comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, the reality is starting to set in that you two will be parents!! I cannot wait! It's going to be sooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be wonderful Parents....You just seem to have a way with words! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete