Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good Day

Today is a GOOD day :) 

Interested?? I'll tell you why! First off, Marcus comes home from his work trip tonight! He will be here around 8pm and I cannot wait to see him! It's amazing how 3 days can make me miss a person so much. I got a lot done around the house (cleaning, reading, packing, etc) but I also didn't get as great of sleep as I normally do. Sure, Kona is here to be my watchdog, but I think I was downright terrified of going into labor late at night when Marcus was 3 1/2 hours away and sleeping soundly himself. Thank goodness that didn't happen - NOW, however.. if this baby wants to come, I would welcome him/her with open arms :)

Second off, I realized when I woke up this morning that today is July 27th. Marcus and I have been in Omaha for one whole year today. I remember the day as if it were yesterday. We had the U-haul and trailer out in Deb's cul-de-sac. We stayed at her place and decided to drink some cocktails the night before... in a tornado warning. We didn't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning and had to get up early to get on the road. Needless to say, the normal 6 hour drive took us about 10 hours. We finally got to our house at 9pm. I remember looking at the temperature gauge outside and it said 103 degrees. Matt Lee was with us for the trip, so we started to unload the U-haul the minute we got here. Megan stopped by after work and helped. I think we got everything unloaded within an hour - then we went to Perkins :)
It is now one year later and we are still here. I am very grateful that Omaha has treated us so well. I absolutely love my job and the area and living here has recently given Marcus a wonderful opportunity to start his career, and so far is loving it! So... thank you Omaha for giving Marcus and I a wonderful year experience - hopefully many more to come!

I have made a promise to myself and Kdawg that I will take her on a walk EVERY EVENING until I cannot possibly walk anymore (or until this baby decides to come). I enjoy walking around the neighborhood with her, even if it is just for a short 20 minute walk. Lately, after my walks, I find my pelvic pain growing stronger - which is really unfortunate, because while I'm walking, I am very relaxed. I wish I could snap my fingers and have my pelvic and rib pain taken away. I guess once this baby comes, it will all be worth the pain ;)

We are having company this weekend! Katie will be moving her stuff down here this weekend - I feel like it was just yesterday I was saying two more weeks until she moves her things down here... so crazy!! Then, next Wednesday, I go back to work!! I'm getting pretty anxious to get back into a daily routine!

Alright, that's enough for today - I hope everyone has a great day, like I intend to have :)

3 comments:

  1. goodness I can't believe its been a year already since you have moved down there. Yeah we got your U-Haul unload so stinking fast that night cause it was soo hot. It's amazing how things change in a matter of a year! I'm glad that you are liking Omaha-its a great city I think :D hence the motivation to get back there! well hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that Matt was there to help you guys unload and now he'll be there to help us unload my things ;) ha! I'm glad that Omaha has been good to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a year!! Wow! I know you do LOVE the area, and your jobs, and most inportantly, you are HAPPY, and have eachother! :) and soon will have someone dependant on both of you! :) :)

    ReplyDelete