Thursday, July 14, 2011

Struggling

My goal has been to try and keep this blog updated for family and friends. There are days when I have multiple ideas for posts, and then there are days (like today) when I struggle to think of something to write about. I feel as if all my posts lately have been about the baby or the changes coming up. Marcus told me last week that my posts were becoming "philosophical". So now I'm really struggling!
I have decided to just go over a countdown of things coming up in the next few weeks! Countdowns are always fun, right?!

* 15 days until Katie moves her things down to Omaha
* 20 days until I go back to work
* 27 days until my students come back to school
* 37 days until Baby A is due to arrive

First off, I cannot believe that my summer is almost over and that I will go back to work in only 20 days. I am ready to go back and get into a routine. Don't get me wrong, it has been nice having time off to clean around the house and get ready for the baby, but there are times throughout the day that I find myself contemplating what I should do next. I am very organized and like to have things planned out, and it's driving me nuts that I am not in a daily routine. I am also excited to see my students after two months. It will be interesting to see how much they have changed over the summer and what stories they have to tell us about what they have been doing with their time.
We are very excited for Katie to be down here and to finally get all settled. There is still some work to do in the basement, but eventually, she can make it her own space :)
Last but not least, I am ready for this baby to be here. I am getting more and more uncomfortable by the day. I have pain along with achy, sore ligaments and muscles that I was completely unaware of before. I am told it is completely normal to have pelvic pain when I walk, but it still is a bit annoying. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like in 3 weeks when I go back to work. The heat is only going to get worse... I guess I can only hope the A/C is working in our building ;)
I think I am more anxious to meet our little one. It has been a very fast 8 months, that I can only hope the last 5 weeks fly by! I am so eager to find out if we are having a boy or a girl and just be able to see what it is that has been kicking/punching me all this time. Everyone has their ideas and guesses, but to be completely honest, I have absolutely NO idea anymore! At this point, I don't care what anyone else says... this baby is the gender it is and Marcus and I couldn't be more excited to just be parents :)



Do you think it's safe to say this baby will be a Sioux fan?!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for that little one to arrive! I can't wait to see whether I have a niece or nephew! I will be so happy with whatever the gender is but I want to go and buy cute clothes for him/her instead of just neutral stuff! If I am this excited I can't imagine how you and Marcus must feel! I don't like that you are having more pain but it will all be worth it when he/she arrives! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet the lil one!! Its going to be one loved child, no matter what it is. So if Baby A is due in 37 days-that means its 37 days until I am back in Nebraska :) thanks for the countdown I was going to count myself but you did if for me.. I hope by the time I get there you have had 'it' by then.. Like I said Aug 18 would be a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count down is on....I love you guys, and I am just so happy that you are Healthy and well, and our Grand Baby will be here soon!! Mom

    ReplyDelete