Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

As I sit here typing with Easton in my lap, I can't help but reminisce about the past year and everything it had to offer. It doesn't surprise me in the least that I am typing about 2011 with little "E" watching and making noises every 2 seconds. He has definitely been one of the most important blessings this past year and I think it's safe to say he has become first and foremost in our lives. He was just a small thought as I was only 10 weeks pregnant at the beginning of 2011. Now we sit here at the end of the year and I have an almost 5 month old son. I know I've said it before, but it really is crazy how many changes one can experience in 1 whole year.

So, in retrospect, here are a few things that were accomplished/blessings we had in 2011:

I finished my 1st year of teaching!

Marcus got a new job with Arid Resources!
I grew and grew and grew :)
Marcus and I survived our 1st year of marriage!!
Marcus became a daddy :)

I became a mommy :)
We gained a roommate!!
Caitlin had some big things to deal with and get through - but she did it.. and is a stronger person for it :)
My dad got wonderful news regarding his health!!
So, all in all, this year was a fantastic one. We are so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family and friends and to have received the biggest gift yet - Easton :) 

On a different note, I am usually one to make some New Year's Resolutions, and this year is no different. I just have a few this year:
  • Take in every single second I can with Easton. He is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss anything! 
  • Become a healthier ME! Having a baby changes a person's body completely and I want to make it a point to eat better ALL the time and take good care of my body. It's the only one I've got and I want to be around as long as I can for my little guy :)
  • Make more attempts to do family activities!
  • Cherish the time I have with my family members. Realize how fortunate I really am - not just once in a while - but all the time :)
Well, that's it for 2012! I can't wait to see what the New Year has to offer :) 



Happy New Year from the Anderson's and remember to cherish those you love this year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a year!! We are all so blessed and yes, need to remember that! Love you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great resolutions, and you two (Marc and Dani, of course) had an awesome year! Easton is the greatest blessing of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are all so blessed for the awesome families we have, and now for the families inside other families! I think Easton is also to thank for me helping to get through the tough situation I went through this summer because he was something to look forward to and then to celebrate all the time because he is such a great joy to all of us! I love your resolutions too! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete