Sunday, March 18, 2012

Choices

I have been thinking about what I was going to blog about... I told all of you it wouldn't be a month until my next post, but it is pretty close - I'm sorry.
This whole weekend has got me thinking about some of my goals that I have yet to achieve. I am, once again, without a husband... for 3 weeks. It's just Easton and myself. In some ways, I am excited to get some quality 1-on-1 time with my sweet baby, but in another way, I am a little nervous about doing everything without any help. Yes, I have done it for 11 days before, but 3 weeks is a bit longer and my sister-in-law is no longer living with us. A very wise woman told me that when one has a good job, there has to be some unwanted things that go along with that job. This is very true. After having my "pity party" today, I realized that I need to "buck up" and look at this situation in a different light. I need to remember that we are very fortunate that Marcus has such a great job, and if he needs to travel - then he does. I was googling earlier and came across this poster for success and thought it fit for this post.

  1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
  2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
  3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
  4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
  5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
  6. Be generous.
  7. Have a grateful heart.
  8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
  9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
  10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
  11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
  12. Commit yourself to quality.
  13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
  14. Be loyal.
  15. Be honest.
  16. Be a self-starter.
  17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
  18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
  19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
  20. Take good care of those you love.
  21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.
Life is all about CHOICES... and right now, I have a few choices to make on how I move forward in my own life - with family, work, and relationships with others. I can either look at the negatives of my hubby being gone, dwell on the stress and extra work that I have to get done at school, or dive into the past and remember how I was treated in a certain situation that is hard to forget; OR I can look at the positives of my hubby being gone, forget all the extra stress and treasure the last 9 weeks with my seniors, or put the past behind me and be the bigger person about that certain situation. I choose the latter. 

In ending this post, I just want everyone to think about the choices that you may come across on a daily basis... before you go on impulse, remember some very wise words: always choose to be the bigger person - it will get you farther in life :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh So True!!! Love you! I Love that checklist!! Everyone should live that, and the world would be a better place!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I am so glad I read this post today, because I truly needed it to refresh my mind about all that I have and should be thankful for, and to think positive in life because from everything that happens, it will help create who you are as a person. :)

    ReplyDelete