Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just Run

Well, it's official - I have signed up for a few runs this spring... the first being the Retro 80's 5k run on April 7th. I think the funnest part is going to be dressing up in 80's attire, haha. The other run I have signed up for is the Fargo Marathon's 10k race with my sister on May 18th. That day should be quite fun as we have the race in the morning and then we are celebrating my future sister-in-laws bachelorette party that evening. I'm pretty excited for all of the festivities!
I ran this morning in 30 degree weather, and it wasn't bad! I just started with a simple 2 miles as I haven't been running in a while. I have been spinning and doing other cardio, which I think helped me with my endurance, but still wanted to keep it small and simple. I think it will be easier to get outside and run with the weather changing (hopefully). Caitlin and I are trying to keep each other motivated to keep up with our weekly runs... now she just needs to get her butt in gear :)
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I had a heart healthy meal of corned beef and cabbage along with guinness flavored cupcakes and pistachio graham dessert. Oh, I guess a green drink may have been added in there somewhere!
That's my two sense for the day - everyone enjoy your St. Paddy's Day!!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU!! Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to run with you, but it is coming up quite quickly! I am getting motivated though! I love you so much, and I love reading your blog because it inspires me in so many ways :)

    ReplyDelete