As we near another Easter, I can't help but be somber that we won't be making a trip home to see family. I don't think there has been an Easter that I haven't spent with my family, so 2011 is a new experience for me. I can't help but be emotional that our nephew, Olen, is getting baptized this Saturday and Marcus and I will not be there :( For a second, it makes me question the direction we have chosen for our lives, as well as our little one on the way. What is it going to be like not having Baby A's grandparents around at the drop of a hat - as well as their aunts and uncles? (I am happy to say auntie KT will be around... more on that later) I question these things and my decision to move myself and Marcus down here - so far away from our families. Pretty soon, it won't just be Marcus and myself, and that changes things.
But, back to Olen... I apologize for my rambling. M and I wish we could be at Olen's baptism, as he is such a special part of our lives, but I'm hesitant and sad to say that "it's life." We will be thinking about Matt, Kim, and Olen all day Saturday, wishing we could celebrate with them, and generating ideas on how we can make it up to them!
I found an old picture of Marcus' and my first Easter together as a couple... or should I say family? We had just gotten Kdawg, and we brought her home for the holiday. (and of COURSE - it won't let me upload) Sorry!
I can't help but love the Easter holiday and as my sister says - "They don't recognize Easter ?? That has got to be a sin or something" :) (in reference to me working Friday and Monday) Easter has always been such a fun holiday for the Plaine family - I still remember when Corey would involve himself in the annual "Easter Egg Hunt". He found all the difficult eggs ;) What a guy!
I just want to say Happy Easter to everyone who reads this and I hope everyone gets to spend time with their families. Time goes by way too fast, and it's my "remnants" of Easter that will keep me smiling this Sunday - when I'm so far away from my family :)
it is sad isn't it not being with family around Easter-I am esp sad cause my dad has his surgery today and I wont be home.. I don't even have kids yet-but I am starting to get sad thinking that if we stay here (which hoping we wont for long) that they wont we won't be close to family :( So I understand you 'pain' except I don't have kids yet-its something to think about.. miss you tons!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI actually got very teary-eyed while reading this as you guys will be greatly missed on Easter! We will have to Skype!! :) I love that you LOVE your job and the city of Omaha, but I miss you each and every day and do wish that you guys were closer to home! Sometimes, our lives lead us in different directions and we take pathways that lead us away from home, but we have to do what is right at the time and hou getting hired for your job (that you absolutely enjoy) was calling your name! Those kids needed you to go be their wonderful teacher! :) I miss you! I love you so much!!
ReplyDeleteI know I will feel a void as Easter Sunday rolls around too. You and Marcus have each other along with K dawg which makes me feel better, we love you so much hunny bunny!! Mom
ReplyDelete