Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dedication

Once again, there is much to catch up on, but you will have to wait until tomorrow for that. I am dedicating this post entirely to all the Mothers out there. Happy Mothers Day :) First and foremost, I want to thank my mother for giving me life. My sister introduced me to a quote that I feel is appropriate for this occasion - "No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you - LIFE" I understand I am unaware of the full extent of this quote, but for the past 6 months, I have been realizing that I have a life inside of me. Marcus and I have started the miracle of life for our little one and we are only going to gain more responsibility once he/she is born. I am one step closer to truly appreciating my mother's role for the past 26 years of being a mother; one step closer to taking on the responsibilities a mother has; one step closer to putting baby A's needs before our own. I am anxious to get started in my new "role" as a mother and truly understand what it means "give someone life". With that being said, I would like to say the following to my mother: 

"Thank you for giving me the life I live today. Thank you for teaching me, loving me, guiding me, and  showing me what I am capable of. Thank you for having faith in me and for being the best role model I could possibly ask for. I have some big shoes to fill and I can only hope and pray that I come close to being as great of a mother as you. I love you"

I want to close out this post by saying that I realize how blessed I am to still have my mother here with me today. I want to let my readers, who may not be as fortunate as I to have their mothers here with them today, know that life is such a blessing we are given and I will not forget your pain and void you may feel on this day. Remember that your mothers are looking down on you and are so very proud of the person you have become today :)


4 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! And we are so truly blessed to have a wonderful mother like we do! You are going to make a great mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I miss my friend Danielle Anderson...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love you so much!! You kids are my world!!! There is no role better than a MOM and soon to be Grandma!! It is and has been truely a priviledge to be your Mother!!

    Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that post your mom just wrote was very cute!!

    ReplyDelete