Monday, May 2, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

I am going to encourage anyone who has not read a series of books by Emily Giffin... to pick them up ASAP and read :) "Something Borrowed" is the first book of the series. Some of you may recognize the title - as it was made into a movie that will premiere this Friday, May 6th. The book is definitely a "guilty pleasure", but totally worth it! It is a great mixture of the relationships out there along with friend "drama" I'm sure most of us have dealt with (in one way or another). I have decided to spare all of you with my review of Giffin's books, so here is her website. Click 'books' on the top bar and check out 'about the book' on each one. Guaranteed, you will be intrigued :)
As you know, I am a fan of reading the book and then seeing the movie, so I think I will read "Something Borrowed" before the 13th. That weekend, my sister and sister-in-law will be coming down to visit and we are going to see the movie. I figure it's good protocol to brush up on the details before I see the movie.
Feel free to update me if you choose to read the book - and then again when you are finished! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I CANNOT wait to come and spend time with you guys and to see that movie! Mom and Gma and I might go to it this weekend for mothers day but I am sure it will be so good that I will be just as excited to see it a second time! Also, I might have to take that book back with me and read it! :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see the movie!! I don't think I'll have time to read the book again before we come because I have to study for my finals but I'm sure my memory will come back to me as we watch the mooovie :)

    ReplyDelete