I feel as if I've been MIA this week. This week has been one of the craziest weeks for me at work... I am NOT complaining (remembering my promises) but merely grateful that this week has gone by as fast as it has. I have had a meeting every evening this week for new students transitioning to our program as well as IEPs for my own caseload. I need to give credit where it is due and say, "I have gotten through the week out of God's pure grace." I found myself asking him to give me the strength and determination to give my students, my all, every day. As everyone knows, each job out there has its own trials and tribulations, but I think that's what helps make us who we are as individuals. Not everything is going to be a 'walk in the park' all the time. I am aware of this, as are all of you. Yes, it'd be nice if that were the case, but let's be realistic. Life is full of surprises and we need to embrace them... for everything happens for a reason. Simply stated.
I need to give a shout out to my sister-in-law KT for she just received her acceptance letter to UNO :) She will 100% be coming down to live with Marcus and I in August and we are so extremely excited about her transition. I personally can't wait to see her change lives, (as anyone that knows her knows she has that potential), and I wouldn't expect anything less than the best from her. SO, Congratulations KT!!
I am going to end this post with a quote that is intended for a loved one, but meant for all.
"People deserve a second chance, but not a third"
Life is too short to be anything but happy. It is unfortunate that it takes something significant to happen for us to realize this bold fact, but I guess that is life. It's what makes it interesting. It is what makes it a 'lesson'... it's what we take from that 'lesson' that matters.
Love everything about this post ... thank you for the congratulations and that end quote was very nice and very true! Life really is too short to be anything but happy and sometimes it does take a momentous thing for people to realize that - the lucky ones are the people who live that way without anything BIG needing to happen in their lives!!
ReplyDeleteI hope next week will be better and less stressful for you! Just remember you are making a positive impact on each and every one of your students!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Katie! It will be fun living with Danielle and Marcus and Baby A!!
I like the quote! It is true in many ways, but yet complicating! Everyone should get a second chance but if they don't learn from their lesson they shouldn't get a third chance because they are just going to keep doing it again and again. But what happens when that person is trying but its the people around him who are being hurtful?