Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Talent

Today is the 2nd to last day of school for my students... we are the only school district in Nebraska that has classes after Memorial Day - but what can you do! Today we had a "Talent Show" for our students. It was a great opportunity to let them show off the things they were good at. We had a wide variety of talent from singing/dancing to artwork to comedy. I can't even begin to express how proud I am of these "young adults". The hard work and dedication they put in to doing something they really enjoy is such a gift... and they don't even know it.
When my sister and I were younger, we would get dressed up put on "shows" for our family members. We had several different outfits to change into and many props to utilize for our concerts. I remember my favorite outfit used to be my pleather black pants and vest outfit that Cassie and I bought for Halloween one year. I look back on that outfit and pictures from that Halloween and can't help but smile. We had so much fun that Halloween dressing up as rockstars... it may just be my favorite Halloween yet :) Anyways, back to the show we would put on. Caitlin would have to dress up just like me - but maybe in a different colored outfit and do everything I would do. I can't help but reminisce about the many fun activities my siblings and I would do together. It makes me think about all the fun things I have to look forward to while Marcus and I raise our family and I can't help but become excited :)

Tomorrow is the last day of school, and I have to be honest in saying - I'm so excited/nervous! I'm not sure how much sleep I am going to get tonight in earnest for the infamous "last day of school" :) I am anxious to get my summer started - and for those of you who are already doing that... I'm envious!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I remember those days! I miss the days when we would put on our concerts and have wrestling matches with Teal's belts! Hah! I loved always being dressed up like you! :) i think it is safe to say that us siblings were close back then and we have only grown closer since! I hope you have a great last day of school today and that you realize how much of a difference you have made in each and every one of your students lives! You have such a great attitude and positive impact on people! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad and I are so proud of all of you!! Memories are awesome to hold on to!! Also onward to make NEW ones!! So excited to be a Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're already done with your first year!!! Holy cow, time seriously flies sister! Caitlin is so right - you have made such a difference in each one of your students lives and although things do get difficult sometimes, it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete