Friday, June 17, 2011

Judgement

Judgement is the evaluation of evidence in the making of a decision. I believe this to be a pretty exact definition. We make judgements on a subject/circumstance based on the evidence we are given or have gathered. This doesn't necessarily mean the evidence or "information" we have is 100% correct. I feel that our society has changed so drastically with technology and the thriving media, that we tend to believe everything we hear - whether it's true or not. As if that isn't the most difficult part, we add in the factor of gossip, and that really makes things "sticky", so to speak. 
So why is it so easy to judge someone - regardless of our information source? Why is it so easy to instantly call someone up and tell them what we heard or what "new thing" has happened. Although very easy, we need to realize that it can do some major damage. I think many people judge others without even realizing they are doing it. It is honestly that easy. I just feel that we need to think about the people we are judging and consider where we are getting our information from... before we pick up that phone to call or text someone, or go on facebook/twitter and update our "status". We need to think about people for who they really are, and how we see them/know them... rather than the actions they have or the words they use. People say things they don't necessarily mean and people do things they don't necessarily mean to do. I'm sure all of us can think back on a situation where we said something we later regretted or did something that we wish we didn't. Maybe it wasn't as awful of a mistake as the next person, but it's still a mistake. Everyone makes them and I think people, including myself, need to be conscientious of that. Mistakes are just a fact of life. Nobody's perfect. Life is such a fragile blessing we are given - and we only get one chance at it. Do you want to be the person who is remembered for constantly judging and gossiping about others before you know the full story? 

I am going to give you some quotes about judgement... I think that is a meaningful way to end this post: 
"If we are quick to pass judgment on others, we forget that they, like us, are human beings."





2 comments:

  1. So true Dani!! Love you! Remember to try be the better person and to treat others like you want to be treated! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you said in this post! It is all so true! We all make the mistake of judging people but I think we would all feel better about ourselves if we really tried to put other peoples feelings before our own and prayed for those who have made mistakes and who we are judging instead of put them down. Everyone makes mistakes and good people do bad things too but we need to help those people by praying to God! Love you and thanks for this blog..I needed that!

    ReplyDelete