I find myself asking a few questions about time. For instance, how is time supposed to heal all wounds? When we go through something tragic and we feel like we cannot pick ourselves up and dust off, the quote "just give it time" or "time will tell" doesn't mean much to us. But, IN TIME, we begin to understand that things happen for a reason, and our clarity isn't so clouded anymore.
Another question that comes to mind is, why do our lives revolve around time? It seems people are either waiting around for something to happen, or have such packed schedules that time consumes us. I feel like time can be either positive or negative depending on how we choose to look at it.. or react to it. We can either decide that time is a positive by believing time does heal all wounds - or time may help us with the trials and tribulations we are going through... or we can decide that time is a negative by choosing to have it take over our life. We need to remember that life is a constant guessing game. We would be much better off if we understood that life is not always going to go as planned, or according to "time." For example, I knew that Marcus and I were going to eventually have children. Did I think that we would have a baby due 14 months after we got married? NO! Did I hope to be in my job for at LEAST one year, before we even thought about trying to have a child? YES! You see my point? We can't plan for life... which in turn to me, means we can't have time take over our lives. Time affects our lives in so many ways, and because of that, we need to try and accept things as they come.. and when they come.
Thanks Danielle! I needed that! I do totally agree with everything you said, and sometimes we just need to be reminded of things to help us realize. Love you! :)
ReplyDelete