Thursday, June 16, 2011

So many emotions...

Have you ever had that feeling where your heart aches so badly for someone you love that all you want to do is take away their pain for them? I haven't experienced this pain very often, and I consider myself lucky. I wouldn't wish that ache on anyone. It makes me want to curl up into a ball and just cry. It would be so nice if my crying would make someone else feel better, but unfortunately that isn't the case. I wish life didn't throw us curveballs when we are least expecting it, but you know what... that's life. There's a quote from a Rascal Flatts song - "When life throws ya curves, you learn to swerve."  SO TRUE! We as human beings, learn to deal with situations we are given as we are given them. There is no book for "how to get through life." Unfortunately we cannot plan our lives... or plan for life. It is what it is - and we need to find the positive in every situation, no matter how difficult that may be at the time. You all know that I am a firm believer in: God has a plan for everything - and everything happens for a reason.

Last night, Marcus and I got our tour of the hospital where we will deliver our baby. WOW... what a reality check. We had visited a friend up there after she had her baby, so we saw the "mother/baby" floor where we will stay after the baby is born. That wasn't part of the reality check. It was the sterile surgical cart, and the baby warmer, and the other elements of the labor/delivery room that really snapped us back into reality. I now realize how much we have to do before this baby comes. I have a month and a half before I go back to work, so that should be enough time... right? What an overwhelming thought! It's times like this I wish I lived closer to my mom and sister - so they could help me with all of this. I suddenly feel so unprepared for what is about to come. I guess we can't turn back now, so we just need to embrace it, right? If anyone has got any advice... or maybe, possibly a "checklist" of things we need to have/get done in the next 2 months... that would be much appreciated :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you Dani!!! And I can't wait to be an Auntie to your beautiful Baby Anderson!! :)

    ReplyDelete