Thursday, September 15, 2011

42 things...

I told a friend the other day that I have found myself a changed person in the past few weeks after Easton was born. I can't even begin to describe those changes in words as they are so significant to me, yet I was unaware of them because they came so natural. I guess it's true what people say: the mother instinct is just there and once you have a child, your life is changed forever. People also say, "I bet you don't remember what life was like before he came along." Well, to be honest, I do remember. I had a full 8 hours of sleep, I was completely selfish and did things for myself every day, my life didn't revolve around midnight feedings and worrying about my milk supply, I didn't keep getting bills from the hospital in the mail. These are just a few examples of what my life was like before Easton arrived. Now that he is here, I wouldn't change anything. I am intrigued by him every day and love him with everything I have.
I was doing some searching on a website that I found very helpful throughout my pregnancy: http://www.babycenter.com/0_forty-two-things-that-change-when-you-have-a-baby_1452535.bc  I came across the article titled "Forty-two things that change when you have a baby." As I'm reading through these, I find myself smiling and nodding at every one, because they are all so true. There are 15 main ones that I will leave you with. The other 27 are from readers who posted them themselves. Take a look!

1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no long seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body.... finally
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you (hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power. 

These 15 things really make a person stop and think. It's amazing what a little human being will do for a person and how they change so many peoples' lives! I know mine has changed :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a great Mommy :)
    I miss you guys!
    I love you all!

    ReplyDelete