Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 6

Alright, I know I said I would keep everyone up to date with how my ignite challenge has been going - and clearly I have left everyone astray for the past few days. I apologize!
First off, this challenge is not easy! I am constantly tempted by Marcus and Katie when they eat supper and all that is on the agenda for me is either a lean shake (on my protein only days) or some turkey and cheese (on my eating days). I really look forward to my eating days - which are days 3, 5, and 7. I have made a very healthy wrap that is under 500 calories on those days and I really savor the taste :) The wrap consists of a multi-grain tortilla, 2 oz. of delicious grilled chicken, diced tomato and green pepper, shredded cheese, and lettuce. I honestly can't get enough of the taste!! I think these wraps are my new favorite meal!
The protein only days aren't all that bad either. I have 3 shakes throughout the day and two snacks of turkey sprinkled with cheat.
The xyng pill that I take right away in the morning really does suppress my appetite and give me energy! Since I have started this challenge on Monday, I have not had to take a nap during the day. Before, I was napping at least once, if not twice throughout the day when Easton was sleeping. I can definitely tell a difference in my energy levels, and it is great because I know I will have more energy at work when I go back.
Like I said before, this challenge is NOT easy.. just like any other diet plan. It however, is manageable. In previous years, I have found myself not sticking with a program.. but this one is different. I have more motivation to lose weight after having Easton and I have made it half way through day 6.. only two more days! I can't wait to see the inches that I have lost on Tuesday. I also weighed myself this morning and I am down 6 pounds since Monday. I was hoping to lose more weight than that, but I DO have 2 more days left, and my mom made a good point: since giving birth, 5 weeks have gone by and my body went through a lot! I need to remember that it took me 9 months to gain all of that weight and I should give myself 9 months to take if off! I am only 3 pounds away from my pre-baby weight and I have a feeling those 3 pounds are going to be my toughest yet, but I am ready for the challenge!
Once again, if anyone has any questions on the ignite challenge, please don't hesitate to ask!

Here are some pictures of Easton :) He's changing every day!
Calling his friend Maggie

Just hanging out with mom :)

Pooping, haha

3 comments:

  1. I am soo proud of you!! Your inches will be fun to see.....you said your pants were fitting better!! The nice thing you are doing while losing the excess weight you want is, you are giving your body what it wants with nutrients and antioxidants! Healthy way of doing things!! This really is a fitness program!! I love the pics of Easton!! 10 days!! Grandma will be there!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I should of read your blog yesterday... I asked you all the same questions you just answered here.. im happy its going great for you.. And your moms right.. It did take9 mths.. But I think you look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I am so happy you are seeing your results! I love the pics of Easton! I miss him so much! And I miss you guys too! Love you lots! :)

    ReplyDelete