Sunday, May 1, 2011

Projects

Happy 1st of May!! It is so crazy how fast this year has gone by - almost unbelievable! Marcus picked up some overtime today, so I have the house to myself... again :( I have told myself I am going to keep busy with projects around the house - they entail:
1. Touching up the dresser we bought at a garage sale yesterday! It is perfect for our nursery and we got it at a great deal :) It has a few scratches, so I am going to just touch it up today! Here is a picture of the dresser before:

2. Laundry... nuff said. I don't care for laundry, especially because our laundry is down in the basement... and that basement really creeps me out. I guess I'll have to get over it.
3. Take Kdawg on a W-A-L-K. I feel that if I speak out loud, she is going to start going nuts with excitement and that will make me feel bad, as we aren't going to go yet... today looks GORGEOUS outside and I can't wait to open up some windows and get some fresh air in this house (I apologize to those of you in Minnesota who have snow)
4. Organizing the nursery. We have diapers and gifts from my shower in the living room still because there was nowhere to put them. Now that we have a dresser, I am going to attempt to organize the nursery and get some of this stuff situated! (I think I'm starting to like this "domesticated" thing)
5. Attempt to do some cooking. I am going to make spaghetti so it's ready when Marcus gets home from work. I don't do this often enough for him, and I think he would really appreciate that.. you know what they say - the way to a man's heart is through his stomach... or something like that ;)

There is my day! I hope all of you have something fun and exciting to do on the 1st of May! I better get started if I'm going to have supper ready by 6pm!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know that someone gets to enjoy a nice warm day!!! Pretty sure mother nature forgot it's May, not December. :) Isn't it fun having days that make you feel "domesticated"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you guys up there! She has got to be confused ;) I thoroughly enjoy these days when I can find little projects to do around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dresser! It's nice cuz it won't take up too much room!! :) Also, Mom is making spaghetti tonight too! I miss you guys and I hope the weather cooperates the weekend Katie and I are planning on coming down! Yea, I am sick of this snow up here and am very jelous of you and your gorgeous weather, but in a couple weeks I will be down there with you..you will have to let me know what to pack! hah!

    ReplyDelete