As a little girl, I would always want to be around him. There were numerous piggy back rides and activities we would do together. One was getting to ride in his pickup and take our dogs for a run out around the farm. I was always worried that they would poop out and not be able to get back into the bed of the truck, but he assured me they had just as much energy as him. (Definitely a Corey thing to say ;) As I got older, things changed a bit. He was always the type to pull my hair (in pure fun) and try to sit down and have a conversation with me about the happenings in my life. Me, I wasn't all for it. I had "better" things to do. I was a teenager and boys and friends were a bigger priority than conversations with my dad. Then came college... I struggled a bit in knowing what I wanted for my future. I had contemplated changing schools and my major, and my selfless father drove 2 hours to Fargo and took me out to Applebees for supper. We talked and went over the pros and cons of my options. It was the first time since I had left home that I felt as if we had a real, grown up conversation. He has treated me like the adult I am ever since and I have so much respect for him because of it. He is the one I find myself calling when I'm having trouble with a decision. He was the second one I talked to (behind Marcus) about accepting the job here in Omaha and moving 8 hours away. Once again, we sat down, went over the pros and cons and had a real grown up conversation. That's who Corey is, a selfless, humble man who will put everything down to help someone out. He puts others in front of himself and cares for people, beyond what he may show.
A day on the lake is where he is the most content... and I hope he has one of those days today - because he deserves it.
Happy Father's Day Dad!
I love you.

My favorite thing your dad has ever said was "Don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty" ... perfect thing to lighten up the mood when you were stressed out with wedding plans! What a great man!
ReplyDeleteyour dad is a pretty amazing guy! I remember you talking about that talk at Applebees w/your day-and that next day is when we both decided we were quitting Graphic Design-haha!!
ReplyDeleteYour Dad is an amazing Man who Loves all of us deeply! He is truely "My BEST Friend" He is a dedicated Father through and through!! And will continue as a Grandpa! Love you sweetie!! Mom
ReplyDeleteDad is the best dad we could ever have! I agree with your entire blog! He gives the best advice and he does everything he can to do what's best for us! He has the biggest heart and he cares for all of us so much! :) I am so proud to call him our Dad!! Love you!
ReplyDelete