Monday, June 20, 2011

Truly Thankful

I started my day off with an email from a dear friend in regards to a recent blog post of mine. She had read my blog about my feelings and emotions about Baby A's arrival getting so close - and wrote me an email full of wonderful information and tips on what to expect. I can't explain to you how at ease I am after my morning reading, so thank you for the awesome email :) It's refreshing to know that I'm not completely crazy for having so many emotions/worries. I feel so much better just knowing that there are people around to talk to and that Marcus and I don't have to do this "new parenting" business alone. I think we always knew that deep down, but soon enough, our world is going to be consumed with a new baby. There is a big part of me that doesn't want my relationships with people to change, but at the same time, I know they are going to. That's life. I'm just going to need to work harder to keep up with my family and friends and our growing family :) Easy as pie, right?? Maybe not, but it's still nice to know that there are others around to talk to and that we don't have to do this alone.

This past weekend, Marcus and I spent lots of time going through items we had for the baby, and items we are going to need before our baby comes. It was a bit of a reality check, but at the same time it was a relief to make a list of items we need.... and yes, I did make about 3 lists :)
I was also able to wash all the clothes we have gotten so far as well as blankets, washcloths, onesies, and bedding! WHAT A RELIEF :) Marcus was so paranoid that I was going to ruin the clothing by all of the colors bleeding together - he refused to help! Oh well, I guess I can't really blame him. Things are slowly but surely starting to come together and I'm quickly becoming more anxious. My sleep loss is becoming more and more as I am up every 2 hours to use the bathroom. This child is constantly moving and usually, it affects my bladder as well as my rib cage - which in turn affects my breathing... only 2 months to go :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I cannot wait!! Only 2 months! :) you and Marcus are going to make great parents!! I am sure there will be times when you are second guessing yourself or you feel like you don't know what to do but the great thing is is that you and Marcus have each other and will be able to get through it all together! You both are going to be great! You are already putting your baby before you, getting everything washed and everything ready in the nursery, etc. You two are going to be just fine! And that baby is going to love you both just as much as you will love him/her! :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete