Monday, September 26, 2011

Piling up

BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE!!!

Sorry, I just need to vent a bit via my blog. Now, please don't get me wrong... I would NOT trade Easton for ANYTHING, but I cannot believe the medical bills that keep coming in the mail. Every time I check the mail and see a "Methodist" envelope, I feel a huge lump instantly forming in my chest. I am terrified to even open it up because I can't possibly imagine what else they we are being charged for.
I have received 5 different bills... 3 for my expenses and 2 for Easton. Of course there isn't a break down given for what you're paying for. The descriptions are so extremely vague, so I realized I am going to need to go in to the hospital and get a break down of exactly what we are being charged for. I figure this is probably the smartest thing to do :)
There are the expenses for all of my prenatal checkups and labs/tests, my time spent in the labor/delivery room, my epidural, my pain medication, my stay in the hospital, Easton's stay in the hospital, and Easton's circumcision. Now, I understand that being in the hospital is going to accrue expenses, but charging a couple hundred dollars for Motrin - to a women in pain because she just had a baby - seems a little extreme!! (Once again, I apologize for my ranting...)
The bills I have received are "insurance pending"... so I do not know how much we will have to pay yet, but all I can say is I am thankful for great health insurance! That is one of many HUGE benefits of my job... great health insurance :)

SO.... in conclusion, babies are expensive.. when you really break it down and realize what you are paying for, it all adds up. Think about the numerous prenatal visits, ultrasounds, lab work at every check up... and that is all before the baby is born!
Like I said, don't get me wrong... I wouldn't trade anything for Easton. He has changed my life for the better, and has changed me as a person! I just didn't take into account all of the expenses. Good thing he is SOOO worth it :)

3 comments:

  1. Health insurance sure comes in handy ;) I'm grateful (and I know you guys are too) that you have a great job with great benefits!! Money situations are always stressful!! But guess what?? Easton is stinkin cute so he's WORTH IT!!
    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health care is so super expensive, it really is ridiculous! We have been talking about how expensive hospitals and stuff are in my nursing classes, and I have often thought of you and how you must have bills coming out your ears! But, Easton really is worth every dime and so much more! :) He is such a precious little baby! I love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete