Wednesday, September 28, 2011

*Positive*


I read this quote and instantly want to be an optimist. I want to see the opportunities that are right in front of me, everyday. I NEED to see those opportunities. If I don't, everything in my everyday life will be overcome with negative energy... my negative energy. Isn't it much easier to be happy all day? Isn't it more fulfilling to share a smile with people you care about? I wonder why so many people say they see the glass half full, but then don't act upon it. I admit, I am one of these people... not ALL the time - but at times my negativity takes over and I find myself in a funk. I need to remember how blessed I am with the life I have been given. After all, I have a wonderful husband and son who make my days brighter. I have an amazing family that not everyone is fortunate enough to have. I have great friends who are there for me whenever I need them... and who genuinely care about me (and the people that mean the most to me.)

I am dreading going back to work in a week (that is the negative side of me coming out), but if I look at the opportunity, I see a wonderful job that is WAITING for me to come back.. students and coworkers who are anxious to see me return.. and for that, I am grateful!
I had my 6 wk check up today and received some unwanted news. Now, I can either choose to dwell on the negatives, or I can look at the opportunities of the potentially difficult situation and be positive. My positive energy will in turn, bring out positive results :)

I said I would give an update on my 8 day ignite challenge - so here it is: After 8 days, I had lost 8 pounds and 8 total inches. My pre-pregnancy pants now can be buttoned up and they fit me better. I'm not squeezing myself into clothes anymore - and that's a great feeling! I still have some work to do, but it's a great start! My brother is currently on day 3 of the challenge. As many of who know, he is fit and doesn't look like he needs to lose any weight. After 2 days, he is down 6 pounds. He is a very active person and works hard to stay in shape. He wanted to see how much extra body fat he could lose and it appears he is doing just that. So, now matter what size you are, weight and body fat can be lost!!

Try and think of the positive side of things.. you'd be amazed how your positive attitude rubs off on others :)

3 comments:

  1. mmm... this makes me rethink a lot of things! I think I should learn to be a little bit more positive then negative-which is what I have been lately! It is a lot easier said then done however! So maybe if you keep up the good positive vibes-it will rub off on others-example ME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will say lots of prayers and have nothing but POSITIVE thoughts!! Have Faith and God will not give you more than you can handle....Love you and sooo proud of you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this just turned my attitude right around! Thanks for that! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete