Tuesday, November 8, 2011

One child

A friend of mine had the idea of posting things she is thankful for on her blog. I, too, thought this would be a good idea - and it will also give me something to write about almost every day :)
So, here you go...

Children make you want to start life over.  ~Muhammad Ali

I am thankful for my amazing son, Easton. He, like the quote states, makes me want to start my life over. There are a few things I wish to change - one being the way I see life. Growing up, I didn't take in the beauty of life until I had Easton. Sure, I walked on the wild side and had great times with great people growing up, but I never stopped to really "smell the roses." Now, being a mom, I have started taking in "the little things." When Easton laughs, it turns my mood around instantly. When he smiles at me from just hearing my voice across the room, my heart melts a little bit more for him. When he cries, I can't help but wonder what more I can do for him. This little guy has completely changed my attitude about life and I'm not sure there will ever be enough words that I can say to thank him. He is a miracle and he isn't even aware of it yet. He has so much life ahead of him and I am one who will be guiding him through it. It's a bit of a scary thought, but in all reality, I was chosen to be his mother, and because I was given such a wonderful gift, I am going to embrace that with everything I have.







2 comments:

  1. AH he is such a cute little mallow, I can't believe it!! I'm sure being his mother is a scary thought but you and Marcus and going to raise some beautiful children someday! And hopefully they won't raise quite as much hell as you guys did with your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful Parents!! You will make mistakes, and learn from them, but yes do take the time to enjoy life as it happens.....God's timing is PERFECT!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete