Hey everyone,
Sorry it has been over a month since our last post :) There is lots to talk about and share. Marcus and I had a great holiday spent with our amazing families. We started out our vacation in Moorhead with the Anderson's, celebrating Christmas Eve at Grandma Rosie's house (just like they used to)! Marcus and I also got to meet our new nephew for the first time, little Olen Henry Anderson :) I may be biased, but he is THE CUTEST little boy ever!! Marcus and I are excited to be "aunt and uncle"!! We then headed to Hallock late Christmas Eve night and luckily didn't run into any bad weather. We opened gifts that night and went to my grandma and grandpa Johnson's for Christmas Day.
Unfortunately, my dad had some health issues the day after Christmas and we took him down to Altru in Grand Forks where they found out he had a dissected artery in his neck and suffered a stroke. Good thing mom was so persistent to take him down and get everything checked out :) He ended up staying in the hospital until after New Years and then went home. My parents just got back from Mayo in Rochester yesterday after having more tests done. Our prayers were answered with good news and no surgery :)
Mom and dad are at home and relaxing this weekend (they deserve it).
Now it's back to work and our life in Omaha. Hard to leave family, but ready to get back in a routine.
January 5th, the day my school district (Millard) went back to school after break, all schools in the district went on lockdown. A student from Millard South High School was suspended the morning of the 5th. After lunch, he went home, got his father's gun, and went back to Millard South and shot the assistant principal and the head principal, ran out, and then killed himself in his car after being chased by police. Unfortunately the assistant principal died that night at the hospital. Millard School District will be changed forever as well as Dr. Vicki Kaspar's family and friends. The circumstance was very awful and unfortunate, but in the same light, it shows that these things can happen ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. I think it is okay to look at this day in a positive light and see how Dr. Kaspar changed people's lives and remember that not only 1 person died... 2 people died that day, and my thoughts and prayers go out to both families.
On that note, remember to hug your loved ones whenever possible, and tell them you love them. Be there for them, encourage their dreams, and try to take moments out of your day and remember that life is short.
We hope everyone has a great start of 2011.
Dani and Marcus

This is cute! I love Olen! Glad to hear Corey is doing okay :) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blogs! This one was very inspiring! I love you both! and Kona too! :) Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteWe(Dad And Myself)Love you two so much!! I cried after this post.....you never cease to AMAZE me!! Very inspiring words..Everyone should live them and the World would be a better place!! Miss you guys (Kona Too) Sooooo Much! See you soon!! I so enjoy the Skype thang!! Mom
ReplyDelete